Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's hard to let go. But thats life, what can I tell you?

Just watched Meet Joe Black for the x time.. That movie just seems to come on at the most random times and even though I've seen it oh so many times.. I get hooked every single time. The story itself isnt that 'oooing' but  yet it is.. If that makes any sense? It's so simple but the dialogue is so striking.. and the emotion is depicted so well and a bit overwhelming. (I've definatly cried a few times watching it)  And of course Anthony Hopkins is just such a cool 'I don't give a fuck' man in the movie.
This explanation that he gives to his daughter about love stuck with me as it was so genuine and I feel no one should ever forget it!

" I want you to get swept away out there. I want you to levitate. I want you to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish...Yeah be deliriously happy or at least leave yourself open to be. I know it's a cornball thing, but love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived.Stay open. Who knows, lightening could strike!"


No comments:

Post a Comment